Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Poetry Year: Entry #55

In which Your Humble Blogger finds herself back at the end of 2010:

"With Winter Approaching"

Most of these pages remain blank, and yet,
You tell me that the snow is fast coming
As if I weren't already cold.

As if I'd forgotten the trouble with the color white.

* * *

To be honest, though, the pages of my notebook aren't so much white as they are an ivory or a bisque. :p

Looking at my notebook, I saw that I don't have too many poems left to share from 2010. And I realized that when I named this project "My Poetry Year," I didn't make it clear with the word "year" whether I was referring to poems from 2010 or poems written within the twelve-month stretch from when I started, from March to March. So I wonder: should I put the poems that came after New Year's Eve 2010/2011 on this blog? How long should I keep this madness going?! I still can't believe that I've had enough of an attention span to keep this project going this long.

2 comments:

  1. I like this 'madness'. Keep it coming!

    And I never knew 'bisque' was a color. Learn something new ever day :) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grin* I think it's a sign that adult life has seen me hitting the home improvement/hardware stores more than I ever have before. Only by looking at paint samples could I have ever found the color "bisque." At least the color doesn't carry the name of a more specific dish, like tomato-basil bisque. Could you imagine getting hungry every time you happened to look at your walls (or getting sick if it was named after a food you hated)?

    ReplyDelete