Friday, February 22, 2013

Upcoming Reading Events

Damn, there are a few taking place in the coming week.

First up is the monthly Tamale Hut Cafe reading. Local author Chris DeGuire starts the evening out, and an open mic follows. 7 p.m. at 8300 W. Cermak Road in North Riverside; details can be found on this here page.

Also, Open Books has two readings on days back-to-back, and they have flyers! Dr. Judith Wright will be reading on Wednesday, February 27:

And a whole bunch of authors will be reading as part of "An Evening of Speculative Fiction" on Thursday, February 28:
And then there's another reading taking place in the afternoon on the 28th: author Roxane Gay will be reading at Roosevelt University. A few weeks back, I read her story "North Country" in The Best American Short Stories 2012. And then I re-read it because it was so freakin' good. I wish I could go to this one, but I think schedules are going to conspire against me.

But that's the list of what I've found. Chicago may be the fourth most miserable city in the country, but it's not because of its literature scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment