Thursday, February 14, 2013

Something I first loved a long time ago...

It's not my favorite holiday. I prefer the day after, when all the chocolates and other goodies have been moved to the clearance shelf at the local supermarket. But earlier today, a friend posted a poem across ye olde social network that I hadn't read in a long time and was happy to see.

My freshman year of high school, a musician was invited to perform a small concert for my English class and a few others--a field trip without the field. His idea was to take the poems of e.e. cummings and use them as song lyrics, the melodies being his own creations. Hearing one poem in particular was, for better or worse, what started me reading poetry in earnest.

So today of all days, it seems appropriate to include a link to that poem, "[i carry your heart with me(i carry it in]". Thanks to Sally for sharing it first (and for just being fabulous in general).

Also, in happy news, yay, Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment